What is a Wakeنp Night?
A Wakeنp Night is a great opportunity to come together as a community and to learn about the Christian persecution that is taking place in many parts of the world and to pray for the persecuted Christians. Why not dedicate a night in your parish, youth group, or community to help others understand and pray for the persecution that is taking place against the Christians?
Below are some easy steps to get you started for hosting your Wakeنp Night. If you want a more detailed guide, you can print off our Leader's Guide in pdf format.
There are two formats for a Wakeنp Night:
Host a screening of one of the videos from the HM Television series "In the Footsteps of the Nazarene."
Host a Holy Hour to pray for the persecuted Christians
A video screening consists of 6 easy steps: announce, download, watch, talk, pray, and share.
1) Announce: choose the venue where you will be having the Wakeنp Night, download one of the flyers, and post it for people to see.
2) Download: download one of the videos available on our website.
3) Watch it: show the video in your parish, youth group, or community gathering during the Wakeup Night.
4) Talk: following the video you can use the suggested group discussion questions as a guide for a group discussion and/or reflection.
5) Pray: end the night in prayer. You can either use the meditations for the rosary for the persecuted Christians (free download coming soon) or have a Holy Hour (free pdf download) to close out the Wakeup Night in prayer.
6) Share: Take pictures during the event and post them on twitter and facebook with #WakeنpNight to show us how it is going and what you are doing. You can use your social media to encourage others to host a Wakeنp Night, and make the message reach thousands.
If you choose to host a Holy Hour just take out steps 3 and 4 mentioned above, and gather people to pray!
Let us help you get the message out…
If you are going to host a Wakeنp Night let us know. We want to help you get the message out to as many people as possible. Send us the information of when and where you are going to have it so we can post it up on our events section. Not only will this be an invitation for people to come, but it will allow others to pray for the initiative